Welcome :)

Welcome to My Blog. I just started this on March 6th, 2011. This blog will be about my life and my family.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

What is the Birth Control Depo Shot? Pros and Cons!

Hey everyone!
So if you haven't seen my November health update then go check that out because it explains there that I started a new birth control which is the Depo-Provera shot.


What is Depo Birth Control Shot?
It is made up of a hormone similar to progesterone and is given as a injection in the arm. It last up to 3 months.

What are the Side Effects:
* Irregular periods or no periods at all
* Headaches
* Nervousness
* Depression
* Dizziness
* Acne
* Changes in appetite
* Weight Gain
* Excessive hair growth
* Hair loss
* Loss of bone mineral

Pros:
* You don't have to remember taking it everyday
* Doesn't interfere with sexual activity
* 99% effective
* Less Expensive than pill

Cons:
* Cause unwanted side effects
* No protection against sexual diseases
* Causes irregular periods


Love,
CES <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment