Welcome :)

Welcome to My Blog. I just started this on March 6th, 2011. This blog will be about my life and my family.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Anxiety Disorder: My Experience + Facts

Hey everyone today I am going to talk about Anxiety disorders because I recently got diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I am going to talk about the definition, symptoms, treatments and also my experience with anxiety.

Disclaimer: I got all my information from WebMD and from My Doctor

What is Generalized Anxiety Disorder?
It's excessive worrying about everyday things and life events for example home, family, money, job, school, etc.

What are the Symptoms:

* Excessive worrying and tension
* unrealistic view of problems
* Restlessness or being edgy
* Irritability
* Muscle Tension
* Headaches
* Sweating
* Difficulty paying attention
* Nausea
* Need to go to bathroom frequently
* Tiredness
* Insomnia
* Trembling or shaking
* Being easily startled

Another symptom is weight loss......

Causes:

* Genetics
* Brain Chemistry
* Environmental factors

Treatments:

* Medication- There are different medications that you can take that will help with anxiety or depression.

* Therapy- Going to counseling or doing stress management like Meditation or Yoga.


My Experience and Treatment:
I think I started having anxiety after I had my daughter Chloe, It got worse when I broke up with her father. I started getting very upset and angry with Chloe father after everything we been through. Anyways I know I need a change so I talked to my doctor and that's when he diagnosed me with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It's been really hard for me lately and I hated the way I was feeling all the time.... I would get very shaking, upset and angry, annoyed, tired, I lost weight and my insomnia got worse. My doctor prescribed me to take Amitriptyline because it would help with anxiety and weight gain. I take one in the morning and one at night before bed time. My doctor also recommended me to go to counseling to work on my stress and anxiety.


Please don't let your anxiety or depression rule your life!!! Talk to your family, friends or a Doctor about how you feel.

Love,
CES <3




2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for writing this weblog. I'm a social anthropologist and have simply started doing research upon peoples' experiences of meals allergies in the All of us, UK and Japan. This is a topic close in order to my heart as I have been allergic to nuts as well as fish since I would be a kid and have been wondering recently about regardless of whether reactions are sometimes concern-induced panic attack symptoms or actually 'real' signs and symptoms.
    Thank you for publishing about your experiences as well as experiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But wear’t detectives go through "suspicious behavior" all time in nabbing a felony? Don’t we study expressions and body vocabulary when deciding whether in order to approach an attractive individual of the opposite sex? If you want success then leave this behavior and learn the eye contact and social behavior. For this purpose the site social anxiety treatment is really best. Thank you for this nice article

    ReplyDelete