Disclaimer: I got all my information from WebMD and from My Doctor
What is Generalized Anxiety Disorder?
It's excessive worrying about everyday things and life events for example home, family, money, job, school, etc.
What are the Symptoms:
* Excessive worrying and tension
* unrealistic view of problems
* Restlessness or being edgy
* Muscle Tension
* Difficulty paying attention
* Need to go to bathroom frequently
* Trembling or shaking
* Being easily startled
Another symptom is weight loss......
* Brain Chemistry
* Environmental factors
* Medication- There are different medications that you can take that will help with anxiety or depression.
* Therapy- Going to counseling or doing stress management like Meditation or Yoga.
My Experience and Treatment:
I think I started having anxiety after I had my daughter Chloe, It got worse when I broke up with her father. I started getting very upset and angry with Chloe father after everything we been through. Anyways I know I need a change so I talked to my doctor and that's when he diagnosed me with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It's been really hard for me lately and I hated the way I was feeling all the time.... I would get very shaking, upset and angry, annoyed, tired, I lost weight and my insomnia got worse. My doctor prescribed me to take Amitriptyline because it would help with anxiety and weight gain. I take one in the morning and one at night before bed time. My doctor also recommended me to go to counseling to work on my stress and anxiety.
Please don't let your anxiety or depression rule your life!!! Talk to your family, friends or a Doctor about how you feel.