Hey everyone so cold season is coming up so I thought I would share some home remedies and some products that will help your child when they get a cold. Here are the products that I have for Chloe just in case she gets a cold. It's good to be prepared early because you never know when your child will get sick or get a cold. Also it's important to disinfect toys, door knobs, surfaces, etc.
1. A lot of Rest- I think everyone knows that this is important because when your child is resting they are more able to fight off the infection or cold.
2. Humidifier- Breathing in the air will help with the child's nasal passage.
3. Extra fluids- Drinking lots of fluids will help not only keep your child hydrated but also flush out the bacteria and infection.
4. Chicken soup or other warm healthy soup- Warm liquids can help soothe the throat and can help relieve congestion. Studies shows that chicken soup can relieve cold symptoms....
5. Elevating the head- Elevating the head can help them breathe more comfortably.
6. Honey- Using honey helps soothe the throat and helps with a cough. You can give them 1/2-1 teaspoon of honey.
Products that you can get Over The Counter at a Grocery Store or Pharmacy: